Dakota Jones didn’t just win the mens race at Transvulcania in 2012— he owned it. So much so, in fact, that his hiatus from last year’s event left a vacuum that even a Kilian Jornet course record couldn’t really fill. El Presidente was, instead, off doing rad stuff in the mountains of Alaska. ‘A partner and I camped on a glacier 5,000 feet thick and a mile and a half wide for three weeks,’ he says. ‘We climbed thousands of feet of vertical ice and explored an area and mountain range so exceptionally huge and wild that I still dream about possibilities there.’ Although dreaming of Alaska, his waking mind is firmly focussed on running again and in a little over a months time he’ll be making his much anticipated return to La Palma. Read more
- Beyond EXO: S-LAB clothing’s new direction
- Kilian should lose more often. There’s no malice intended, it’s just that when he is does fail to top the podium, as at Western States in 2010, he and the S-LAB designers get busy — seriously busy. Sense footwear, the hydro glove and the awesome soft-flasks are all concepts whose creation was sparked by that […] Read more – ‘Beyond EXO: S-LAB clothing’s new direction’.
- Nike Trail Team: Back To The Roots
- Bill Bowerman would be pleased. The co-founder of Nike, and one of the most successful coaches in US running history, had a passion for the trail. That passion came, not just from his own Oregon University cross-country camps, but also, further back, to his grandparents — pioneers on the famous Oregon trail during the great […] Read more – ‘Nike Trail Team: Back To The Roots’.
- Transgrancanaria: La Primera Ultra de España
- Han pasado ya once años desde que Fernando Gonzalez y unos pocos amigos tuvieron una genial idea. Cruzar corriendo la isla de Gran Canaria desde la costa oeste a la este, a través de antiguos caminos y senderos que la atraviesan. El resultado no fue que se convirtió en la primera Ultra de las Islas […] Read more – ‘Transgrancanaria: La Primera Ultra de España’.