Bill Bowerman would be pleased. The co-founder of Nike, and one of the most successful coaches in US running history, had a passion for the trail. That passion came, not just from his own Oregon University cross-country camps, but also, further back, to his grandparents — pioneers on the famous Oregon trail during the great migration of the 1840′s. One could argue that the trail was in Bowerman’s blood. In fact, it courses through the veins of the Nike Running division to this very day.
- Transgrancanaria: La Primera Ultra de España
- Han pasado ya once años desde que Fernando Gonzalez y unos pocos amigos tuvieron una genial idea. Cruzar corriendo la isla de Gran Canaria desde la costa oeste a la este, a través de antiguos caminos y senderos que la atraviesan. El resultado no fue que se convirtió en la primera Ultra de las Islas […] Read more – ‘Transgrancanaria: La Primera Ultra de España’.
- Transgrancanaria: A Brief History of an Island Ultra
- It’s eleven years since Fernando González and a few friends had a brainwave — attempt to run the ancient network of paths and trails that connect the West and East Coasts of the Canarian island of Gran Canaria. It would turn out to be, not only the Canary Island’s first Ultra, but Spain’s too. From […] Read more – ‘Transgrancanaria: A Brief History of an Island Ultra’.
- Talking Suunto & Photoshoots with Emelie Forsberg
- Receiving a set of photos like the ones Suunto sent me has caused my post warm-weather-trail-running holiday blues to take a turn for the worst. It’s a darn shame, the recuperation was going pretty well. However, the stunning photos of their new Ambit-wearing ambassador Emelie Forsberg enjoying a day on the trails with Kilian Jornet, […] Read more – ‘Talking Suunto & Photoshoots with Emelie Forsberg’.