This story begins in Grenoble, an attractive city in south-east France. It is through here, in this city of almost 200,000- known as the ‘capital of the Alps’ that a river flows. Its water has the distinctive alpine-look, that sage green, glacial colour that gives a clue to it’s icy origin high up in the majestic peaks of this great mountain range. This river is called the Isère.
- Skyrunning: The South African Dawn
- About a month ago a press-release dropped into my inbox with the title ‘Inaugural Lesotho Ultra Trail attracts world class field.’ I was intrigued. I vaguely knew that Lesotho was a small country surrounded on all sides by South Africa and that it would surely make an exotic location for ‘Africa’s first Ultra SkyMarathon’ and, [...] Read more – ‘Skyrunning: The South African Dawn’.
- Instant Traction | Team Inov-8 hit the ground Skyrunning
- Natalie White, Inov-8′s marketing manager and Skyrunner, stated recently that ‘Ultimately, brand awareness,’ was the benchmark on which their rookie year with an International Team could be deemed a success or not. It’s very early days but, damn, Inov-8 are so hot right now.. If we are talking purely Skyrunning, then we have only had [...] Read more – ‘Instant Traction | Team Inov-8 hit the ground Skyrunning’.
- Grand Kru’ | Talking 2013 With Anton Krupicka
- While descending Boulder’s Green Mountain in June 2011, Anton Krupicka caught his left toe on something and hit the deck. What sounds like an innocuous tumble ended with a broken leg and ten weeks of rehabilitation. During the latter period of those rehab weeks, as a way of getting up into the mountains, Anton hiked [...] Read more – ‘Grand Kru’ | Talking 2013 With Anton Krupicka’.