Dakota Jones didn’t just win the mens race at Transvulcania in 2012— he owned it. So much so, in fact, that his hiatus from last year’s event left a vacuum that even a Kilian Jornet course record couldn’t really fill. El Presidente was, instead, off doing rad stuff in the mountains of Alaska. ‘A partner and I camped on a glacier 5,000 feet thick and a mile and a half wide for three weeks,’ he says. ‘We climbed thousands of feet of vertical ice and explored an area and mountain range so exceptionally huge and wild that I still dream about possibilities there.’ Although dreaming of Alaska, his waking mind is firmly focussed on running again and in a little over a months time he’ll be making his much anticipated return to La Palma. Read more
- Talking Tromsø Skyrace with Emelie Forsberg
- Take two freakish mountain runners, let them loose in the remote Norwegian Arctic wilderness and leave them to ski, run and dream up routes that take in the best summits, primo views and gnarly terrain — basically everything that gets their blood-pumping and lungs burning. The result is Emelie Forsberg and Kilian Jornet’s Tromsø Skyrace. […] Read more – ‘Talking Tromsø Skyrace with Emelie Forsberg’.
- Up Close With The Nike Terra Kiger 2
- After I published the article about the new updated Nike Terra Kiger 2 & Wildhorse 2, I got a lot of requests for some photos of the new updated features. I’ve been running in the Kiger 2 for the past month or so and can only say that the shoes are unreal. So here’s some […] Read more – ‘Up Close With The Nike Terra Kiger 2’.
- Nike Terra Kiger 2 & Wildhorse 2 | The Inside Story
- It’s almost a year since Nike released their much-lauded, much-loved Terra Kiger and Wildhorse trail shoes on an unsuspecting public. If the initial release was low-key, the resulting glowing reviews and testimonials have, in the subsequent months, elevated both shoes to the top of the pile for many runners. Now, with the imminent release of […] Read more – ‘Nike Terra Kiger 2 & Wildhorse 2 | The Inside Story’.